What's new
Nirjonmela Desi Forum

Talk about the things that matter to you! Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today and gain full access!

পথের পাঁচালি ও বিভূতিভূষণ (2 Viewers)

thanks for sharing. I think " Aronnyak " of Bibhutibhusan Bandopadhaya is one of the best in bengali literature. there is one more story about him I read somewhere :

Bibhutibhusanbabu loved to eat. Once, great writer Tarashankar invited him to his place. That time Tarashankar was quite well off as an established & popular writer. Anyway, after a very satisfied meal they started talking about their work. During their casual talk, Tarashankar advised Bibhutibhusan to change his style / topic of writing to something different, to become
popular among the common public !! Hearing such a comment from Tarashankar , Bibhutibhusan felt very sad &
depressed . He felt that he didn't write any thing worthwhile so far. Subsequently he met Shri Kumud Ranjan Mullick, the famous poet., and told him the reason for his sad state of mind.On learning about the incident Shri Mullick told him " If somebody make a necklace out of all the great works in Bengali literature, then your work ( Bibhutibhusan 's ) will be the pendant " !!!

I personally believe that. It's very very unfortunate that works like "Aronnyak " & Sarat Chandra's " Srikanto " wasn't translated properly.... it would have been definitely considered for Noble !!! My personal opinion .
Absolutely correct.
Bibhuti babu ar Sarat babur jibon bhisan daridre keteche, tai dujon jiban take anek kach theke dekhechen, dujaner lekhai amake mughda kore
Ja
যথার্থ বলেছেন।
One of the best novels
গল্পের পিছনের গল্প আরো দারুণ হয়।
Thanks for thread visit

জীবনের একটা সময়ে এসে নিজেকে বন্ধুহীন মনেহয়

Users who are viewing this thread

Back