Routine maintenance is not a necessity in Android, but it surely is a good idea to brush up your Android phone from time to time to boost performance, enhance battery life, and get rid of junk files. That’s what Android cleaners are for. But do these Android cleaning applications really work?
In some cases, they are helpful. For instance, cache files pile up over time and need to be cleared. Also, junk from ads and image thumbnails take up a lot of space.
Android cleaner apps do an excellent job of finding unnecessary files and helping you delete them. But using them for RAM cleaning is obsolete since newer versions of Android take good care of that.
So, if you are using a budget phone or an older phone whose performance has slowed down, take a look at this list of the best cleaner apps for Android.
10 Best Android Cleaner Apps 2020
- Clean Master
- Files by Google
- Go Speed
- SD Maid
- Ace Cleaner
- Finally Clean
- Cleaner – Boost, Clean, Space Cleaner
- All-In-One Toolbox: Cleaner, Booster, App Manager
- Cleaner for Android
Clean Master is one of the best phone cleaning apps, no wonder it has over one billion downloads on the Play Store. Apart from cleaning junk files, this Android cleaner app includes antivirus and helps in boosting performance and battery life. App developers claim to update the virus database in real-time to tackle the latest Android malware and malicious files.
The junk file cleaner works on system cache, junk app data, and junk from ads. Although it removes app junk, personal data like photos or videos are not deleted. An additional feature called “Charge Master” can show battery charging status on the status bar. This excellent app can easily replace other Android cleaning apps in your drawer.
Special Features Of Clean Master
- Notification cleaner
- Game Master for accelerating loading speed of games
- Wi-Fi security feature to detect dangerous Wi-Fi connections
- Integrated app lock to keep your apps safe
The phone cleaning app not only does wonders in Android but also in Windows 10 PCs and macOS. You can remove junk, clean your phone’s RAM, and reclaim more space using CCleaner.
It gives you the option to uninstall multiple applications at once. The Storage Analyzer feature gives you a better idea of how the space on your smartphone is being used.
Apart from the essential cleaning functions, CCleaner for Android also features a system monitoring tool. It lets you keep an eye on the CPU usage of different apps, the RAM being consumed by apps, and the temperature levels of the device.
While it’s a great cleaning app for Android, CCleaner has also been criticized for annoying users with intrusive ads and once collecting user’s data without their consent.
Best features of CCleaner
- New update manages system permissions in a better manner
- System analyzer provides extra benefits
- Option to check the individual impact of each app
- Batch uninstallation of apps
3. Files By Google
Files by Google is an easy-to-use trustable phone cleaner app for Android users. While cleaning junk files, the app recommends users delete old memes, photos, unused apps and a lot more.
The best part about File by Google is that it’s an amazing file manager and offers a fast offline file-tranfer service, making it the perfect all-rounder Android app.
The app has a friendly interface that helps users in managing their files and folders. But coming back to cleaning, the app sends useful suggestions for files to erase before users run out of space. However, you might feel the lack of certain cleaning features compared with other best Android cleaner apps mentioned here.
Special Features Of Files By Google
- Smart recommendations for cleaning files
- Also, a file manager that offers fast offline file-tranfer service
- Help you find files faster with smart filters
4. Go Speed
Go Speed is a lightweight Android cleaner app that claims to be 50% more efficient than most boosters because of its policies to clean background processes, stop stealthy running apps and disable stealthy auto-start apps.
Designed with advanced monitoring technique, Go Speed Android cleaner can clean up and stop all those sneaky apps running on your phone’s background.
To accomplish this, the app features an app terminator that distinguishes useless pre-installed apps from important system services and disables them upon the user’s interaction.
Special Features Of Go Speed
- Pre-installed terminator to stop bloatware from running in the background
- Floating widget for checking memory status in real-time
- Deep cleaning of storage for removing junk files, cache files, and temp files
- App manager for managing rarely used apps
5. SD Maid
SD Maid is probably the most underrated phone cleaner app. The app is known for in-depth cleaning of junk files on Android.
For that purpose, it offers a wide range of tools to manage extra files. Once done with cache, you can look at duplicate files, files left by previously installed apps, manage current apps and more.
It also offers a brilliant device storage analyzer giving users a detailed overview of the device’s storage. The widgets help in speeding up the cleaning process.
You can also schedule the cleaning process using this clearer app for Android. However, the Scheduler and a few other features are only available to SD Maid Pro users. While the user interface is clean and structured, it might take some time to get the hang of it.
Special Features Of Power Clean
- A plethora of phone cleaning features
- Enable to schedule and make exclusions
- Delete files left by previously installed apps
6. Ace Cleaner
A simple but effective Android cleaner app, Ace Cleaner can give you a new experience in phone optimization. With its highlighting features like Ace Clean, Ace Boost, Quiet Notification, Battery Saver, and CPU Cooler, the Ace Cleaner can boost up and maximize your phone’s performance.
It has a fantastic duplicate photo cleaner that can find similar photos in your storage and give you the option to delete them to retain your favorites and clean up space.
Special Features Of Ace Cleaner
- Ace Boost for stopping apps that automatically start
- Integrated DND mode for muting notifications
- A specialized cleaning tool for Facebook
- Integrated app lock
7. Finally Clean
Finally Clean is a relatively new contender that has managed to get into the list of best phone cleaner apps. The app is good for a smartphone looking forward to getting instant speed on their device.
Other than trash clearer, Finally Clean offers multiple features to gain instant speed, including a RAM booster and a game booster. The Android app also has a Device cooler that disables CPU-intensive apps to cool down the system.
But Finally Clean highlight is its intuitive user-interface with simple big buttons to perform the cleaning operations. Moreover, the app has barely any ads.
Special Features Of The Cleaner
- Minimalistic and intuitive user interface
- Includes a RAM booster as well as a Game booster.
8. Cleaner – Boost, Clean, Space Cleaner
Cleaner by Apex Apps is a tool for clearing application cached files with just a single tap. The applications are listed either by cache size or app name. This phone cleaner allows you to analyze the performance of your smartphone by running a speed test. The app is free to download from the Google Play Store and does not have any paid purchases to make.
Special Features Of Cleaner
- Unique algorithm technique for cleaning background processes
- Disables auto star apps even on non-root devices
- Inbuilt battery saver for extending battery performance
- CPU Cooler for monitoring CPU temperature
9. All-In-One Toolbox: Cleaner, Booster, App Manager
All-In-One Toolbox, as the name suggests, is a multi-purpose Android cleaner app that is capable of handling a lot more than just clearing up the junk files. The app has more than 30 tools to increase the productivity of your smartphone. Its system app uninstaller works even without root. Boot Speedup is a feature that lets you choose which apps (including system apps) automatically start when you restart your phone.
Its app manager comes with options for batch uninstalling or installing apps and moving apps from phone memory to removable storage. All-In-One Toolbox aims to bring you a faster, cleaner, and smarter mobile experience on Android.
Special Features Of All-In-One Toolbox
- Photo compressor to reduce the space occupied by high-resolution pictures
- Phone hardware info checker
- Feature to identify big files stored on your device
- Option to delete empty folders and app leftovers
10. Cleaner For Android
This powerful Android cleaner app comes with a plethora of cleaning features. It can remove cache, boost RAM and run periodically without user intervention if you don’t prefer doing it manually all the time. Systweak’s battery saver feature can close background apps that are not being used and also show device temperature.
This cleaner app comes with an app manager that can display apps which you no longer use. You can view and delete hidden files on your device.
Additionally, you can also take backup and share files from the app. Moreover, the Android cleaner features a junk remover, duplicate file remover, app hibernator, etc. to get the most out of your device.
Special Features Of Systweak
- WhatsApp Module for viewing WhatsApp media files at one place
- Notification module for shutting down notifications from certain apps
- Option to view, archive, rename and delete hidden files
- Game booster for improving the gaming experience
Did you find this list of Android cleaner apps for 2020 to be helpful? Share your reviews in the comments below.